Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tuesday and MY BIRTHDAY! (Sarah Jo)

Tuesday . . .

I saw Katelyn after work and then I went home. Exciting, right?

MY BIRTHDAY!!!!

It started at 12:00 and my first text was from Jeremy. And then I continued to get texts/facebook wall posts/phone calls for the rest of the day. Made me feel loved. Though none of that was quite as awesome as Krystal decorating my car secretly in the night and then waking up early to hike through the spider infested forest with me. And she shows up at my house with a birthday card (my ONLY birthday card) and GRAPE GATORADE (my favorite!). And then she saved me from spiders and all manner of other creepy creatures.

We went shopping at target after that for leggins and girl products and also I got a belt and . . . something else I don't remember. We then had to rush home to actually get ready in time for lunch. I texted Billy because I was pretty sure he wouldn't be awake and he wasn't. Haha. When I picked him up he had that husky morning voice going on but he was friendly and I was much amused. He was already joking and made us laugh the whole way to Indian food and during lunch. I'm pretty sure the other people at the restaurant were disturbed. Oh well. Billy seemed to like his chicken tikka masala and I know I certainly enjoyed mine. He said he would try something different next time and Krystal and I both brightened up at the 'next time' because we like Indian food and we like spending time with Billy and that meant both would happen again in the future, right?

And then he invited us to run errands with him (he called it a road trip) and our condition was that smoothies would happen first. Krystal got her orange dream and I got sunrise sunset (with splenda, of course) and Billy got a chocolate peanut butter concoction that I'm pretty sure barely fit the definition of 'smoothie'. I suppose he enjoyed it though because he made lots of noises while eating it and then was sad when it was gone. We had a short restroom break at some gas station where I put air in my tires and Billy found the nail responsible for the air leak and then apparently decided he needed to drive my car. That was okay with me. I hate driving.

We first when to H&R Block where Krystal and I actually had to run out of the building because the mans hair was SO ridiculous. We left poor Billie alone there by himself. Poor guy. Then we went on an adventure to Kroger (without an S!), Walgreens, and was it a UPS store? to get a copy of Billy's drivers license and SS card.

(At this very moment I still feel those creepy spiders crawling along invisibly on my skin!)

So Billy drove us to the Monroe police station to drop of the copy and it was the first time it became real to me that Billy is going to be a police officer. I imagined him in uniform in one of those cars. It made me nervous for his safety. Haha. Then Jeremy texted to ask how my birthday was going and it made me glad that he actually thought of me and asked. After that Billy drove us to his house to drop him off. This is when we implemented Krystal's genius idea of taking a picture of us with a "Miss You!" sign to text to Jeremy. I hope he got it. It was cute. (She is SO thoughtful. You should see it in action.) Krystal and I then went to my work to visit and do birthday stuff there. No more SARAH JO, by the way.

Mmm.... oh, then we got frozen yogurt and then we cleaned all the marker off my car with really, really smelly gas station squeegee things. This made me miss Jeremy so much. Stupid feelings. Then I took her home? And went home myself to harvest pumpkins and plant strawberries and generally be a computer nerd. I checked the weather again and it looked like no bike ride.

Robbie picked me up later and we went to his house so he could wash his face. Silly. And he showed me all the interesting stuff in his room. I was surprised that he had notes I wrote him on his bulletin board and in a little ceramic bowl thing. It made me feel. . . like I mattered to someone. I once wrote him a list of 10 things I liked about him because I said something not nice to him and in class we had learned that it takes 10 nice things to erase one bad thing said. That was on the bulletin board. It made me smile.

After that we went to the Broad Street Bash. This is something that happens in Middletown apparently every other Wednesday or so. There is a band playing in Governors square and all kinds of festival things like blow up bouncys and funnel cakes, beer, and dirty people. The singer guy was wearing a skirt and I couldn't tell from where I was standing, but I'm guessing eye make-up too. It was ridiculous. It was hilarious. It started to rain so we walked back to the car where we saw Johnna. I hugged her uterus like me made up at my 100lbs lost party. She forgot and then remembered what the heck I was doing. We decided to plan another laser tag even where everyone would actually go.

Then Robbie and I headed to Chipoltle at Bridgewater Falls. We talked about church camp alot and that made me wonder what Jeremy was up to and if he was enjoying camp as much as Robbie enjoyed his memories of camp last year. Robbie said he didn't want to come home from camp when it was over. I hope Jeremy wants to come home. I sure miss him. I already said that.
After Chipoltle we went to Dicks to look at backpacking stuff . I kept thinking of Ashley and how far away she is from me and how very much she would have liked to be there. And after the hiking equipment it was time for a bathroom break. I came out and Robbie was no where to be seen but I get a text message that says: I just wanted to send you birthday text, birthday text. . . Of course, you have to imagine this to the tune of 'Birthday Sex' and you also have to know that I once planned to rewrite the song so it WAS 'Birthday Text'. I laughed out loud all alone in the bike section. Before they closed we played on all the exercise equipment and lifted weights. I think I flashed the whole (empty) store when trying to do the ab lounge in a dress. Haha.

After that we tried to go to coldstone. Closed. Panera. Closed. And then Max and Ermas for delicious cookies. Open! It took half an hour for fifteen minute cookies but we talked and laughed and talked about how much we liked each other for the half hour. When the cookies arrived, Robbie wrote me a message on the box. It said that birthday cookies are much better then birthday sex. Though, truthfully, neither one of us has knowledge enough to back up that statement with experience. Oh well. We decided to eat these cookies in the car and lots of them ended up in our laps. This is okay as a passenger but its not so safe to go chocolate chip fishing in your lap while driving. Just sayin. There were six cookies and I had to force, yes FORCE, Robbie to eat three. Who ever thought the day would come when I would have to make the boy eat something? Goodness.

(I keep seeing spiders in my peripheral vision and then its just my curls!)

And finally I got home to harvest strawberries and plant peppers and text my friends and type until my fingers hurt! Now, I know I've already written a lot and that's because the day was so great that I don't want to forget any part of it. And I already know I forgot to write the jokes like having guacamole in your bottom lip and laminating testicles. It makes me sad that I'll forget stuff. But I sorta want to talk about my feelings now.

I had so much fun! And I felt so loved by all my friends with their calls and texts and messages and time and attention. But then I felt just a little sad too. I kept it in a small compartment somewhere behind the delight and just left of the surprise. But I decided to pay attention to it right now. Okay. I'm going to go ahead and ignore it and move on now. Stupid feelings.

(I seriously can't believe you read THAT much about one passioning day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment